From the Philippines point of view the chance of working in Saudi Arabia is something to really work for.
The money is high in comparison to the Philippines and it is a chance to send money home to the family. Nurses are one of the biggest range of employees that Saudi Arabia loves to take on.
At the moment Saudi Arabia is taking on more OFWs from the Philippines than any over country and has the highest Filipino population out side the Philippines.
It was way back in 1973 that the first batch of Filipinos moved to Saudi Arabia. Now, around 900 Filipinos work visas are auctioned every day, but it was back in 2009 that Filipino nurses were hired, with an initial order of 6000 medical staff.
Now, advertisements to attract Philippines medical workers look like this
The Ministry of Health (MOH) in KSA is in urgent need of 1000 female staff nurses, 500 respiratory therapists (female/male) and 100 X-Ray specialists (female).
Basic salary for nurses and respiratory therapists is at SR 3,570 (PHP 41K) while SR 8,050 (PHP 93K) for X-ray specialists.
1. Free food and accommodation
2. Paid annual vacation with free round trip economy ticket
1. Not more than 40 years old
2. BS Graduate
3. WIth board license or non-board but Prometric Exam Passer with valid Saudi Council certificate (for Nurses and X-Ray Tech Specialists)
4. Minimum experience of 3 years for Nurses and RTs; 2 years for X-Ray Tech Specialists
Qualified applicants can register online at www.poea.gov.ph orwww.eregister.poea.gov.ph. Applicants should personally submit the following requirements to the POEA Regional Extension Unit 9, 2nd Floor Goodwill Center, Mayor Jaldon Street, Canelar, Zamboanga City. You can also submit your requirements at any POEA regional offices.
Applicants are required to submit two (2) sets of documents: one for POEA and one for applicant with POEA stamp to be brought along during the interview.
1. Filled-up SRO Form (secure with POEA)
2. Online registration with print out
3. Detailed resume with job description
4. School credentials
5. Employment certificates
6. PRC License ID
7. Passport copy
8. NBI (if any)
9. Two (2) pieces of 2×2 recent picture
10. Fasten the above documents in a cream-colored long folder
Present the original documents for authentication of written information before forwarding the resume to the employer. MOH-SRO Delegation might conduct interview in Zamboanga when sufficient number of applicants are registered.
The average mans wage in the Philippines is around p15,000. Here it is around p40,000. You can see why the Philippines medical staff is creating a brain drain for that salary.